Chateau Carbonnieux

In 1956 the present owners of Chateau Carbonnieux, the Perrin family, took ownership of the estate. For over 40 years both the chateau and vineyards had been left unkempt and so in 1957 Marc Perrin started to replant and this was just before the chateau was listed in the Graves classification of 1959. It was not until the 1970s that profits became sufficient enough to start reinvesting and the vineyards today cover approximately 90 hectares of land. The plantings split up as 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec and 1% Petit Verdot. They also do a white wine.

View Wines