Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte

Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte came into existence in the 14th century and wines were planted on a gravely plateau called Lafitte and in 1720 was purchased by Georges Smith who added his name to the title. The vineyard is made up of 67 hectares, 56 hectares which are planted with 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The 11 hectares that are left are with white wine varieties which include 90% Sauvignon Blanc, 5% Semillon and 5% Sauvignon Gris. Production annually is 10,000 cases of red and 2,500 case of dry white.