Bordeaux 2022 En Primeur - Similar to the stock market where the investor can buy futures, we offer the investor the chance to buy En Primeur, wine futures. We offer you the chance to purchase wines, when the wine is still in the barrel, before it is bottled and put on to the market. The benefits can be huge in that the price can be considerably lower than the price when it hits the market, but this all depends on the vintage and money can be lost if the critics do not rate the wine. Buying En Primeur wines that are bottled 3 years after the vintage has been declared, can be seen as an excellent alternative to long term investment if traded this way.
The Bordeaux 2022 vintage En Primeur campaign has started we will be adding the wines as they are released.
The vintage is being heralded as better than 2016 (the greatest vintage we have tasted), better than 2009 and 2010 and as good as 1959, a legendary vintage.
The Drink Business Report:
Axel Marchal's terms, essentially five pre-conditions for a great vintage. They are:
1. Quick and even flowering and fruit set.
2. Late spring/early summer weather sufficiently dry and warm to facilitate pollination and provide the pre-conditions for even ripening.
3. A gradual rise in hydric stress over the summer(with, above all, a warm and dry July), slowing and ultimately stopping vine growth before veraison (colour change).
4. Ripe grapes with optimum photosynthesis continuing up until harvest (without any significant resumption in vegetative growth).
5. Dry and medium-warm weather during the harvest itself (ideally, with good temperature variation between night and day), allowing picking at optimal ripeness (and freshness).
None of these conditions were present in 2021; they were all present in 2022.
We are being told that even though production was average, many of the Chateaux are expected to keep stocks back to release at a future date at a higher price, so as usual quantities being offered En Primeur will be limited. Is it worth buying ? The answer is a definite Yes as future stocks will command a higher price and therefore wines bought En Primeur will increase in value.
Please call us on 01502 676110 to speak further about wines you may be interested in buying of the Bordeaux 2022 vintage or email us on email@example.com