Please send us a message regarding this product:
- Tasting Notes
- In Bond Transfers
A third-growth, this intense, powerful and concentrated wine should play to its strengths in a vintage such as 2005, with its enormous tannin and density. This is one of the more backward of the 2005s, quite masculine, tannic and bold, with a deep ruby/purple color, lots of spice, a touch of wood and new oak as well as a medium to full-bodied, rather backward, tannic mouthfeel. It’s all there, and the wine certainly has plenty of concentration, but it needs another 3-5 years of cellaring. It should drink well for at least a quarter of a century.
- Robert M. Parker, Jr. 90+ Points
Tasted blind. Dark crimson. Fresh nose, though no great concentration. Savoury/vegy finish. Not compelling concentration but attractive current drinking. Meat-extract flavours.
- Jancis Robinson 16.5 Points
We offer clients to store their wines in London City Bond Tilbury. The wines are stored in Private Reserves under your own account name and can only be moved with the written consent of the account holder. The wines are fully insured at full replacement value.
- Own account name and account number.
- Stock list available showing rotation numbers of stock and cost value.
- Market valuations provided.
- Stored in perfect conditions for wine.
- 12 bottle case (9 litres) is only £15.00 per year
- 6 bottle case (4.5 litres) is only £7.50 per year
- Bottles charged at 6 bottle rate of £7.50 per year
Standard UK Delivery from and by London City Bond (2 to 3 days) - Usually £15 (may vary dependent on postcode)
In Bond transfers can be done to all Custom & Excise Bonded Warehouses in the UK.
Transfer costs are in the region of £15.
Wines can be collected from London City Bond Tilbury, please give us 48 hours notice.