The name of the chateau palmer is taken from an English general who served under Wellington and came to Bordeaux in 1814 along with his army. He then proceeded to buy the property and then started an extensive programme of vineyard planting. Since 1939 the property has been owned by a syndicate including the Mahler-Besse family and four other participants, the most notable being Bertrand Bouteiller. The density of plantation is 10,000 vines per hectare with plantings of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot. Two wines are produced: Chateau Palmer 120,000-150,000 bottles and Alter Ego de Palmer 100,000-110,000 bottles.
There are currently no products in this collection.